Peace is something we all long for, but it isn't something that just happens, we need to seek it in all of the right places. Please join me in the search.

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Rest

Psalm 139:3 NLT You chart the path ahead of me and tell me where to stop and rest. Every moment you know where I am.

When I am getting ready for a road trip, I always get out the atlas or use the internet for directions. If I have a specific destination in mind, it would be foolish of me to just get in the car and go, not knowing which way is the right way. The same thing can apply to our walk with the Lord. We need to look at the chart the Lord has provided for us in His Word. He has our life charted out for us because He loves us and wants what is best for us.

Stopping and resting are important parts of the trip. Men seem to be focused on one thing when on a trip. They want to get there as quickly as possible. Women tend to want to take breaks and at night, most women want to stop and get a motel room. In God's plan for each of us, He tells us where to stop and rest. God invented rest the same week that He created the world. He knows that rest is something we all need. It is difficult to experience peace if we don't rest.

Copyright(C) Pam Wilson 2004

1 Comments:

Blogger Rhonda said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home