Peace is something we all long for, but it isn't something that just happens, we need to seek it in all of the right places. Please join me in the search.

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Blessings

Matthew 5:3 AMP Blessed (happy, to be envied, and spiritually prosperous--with life-joy and satisfaction in God's favor and salvation, regardless of their outward conditions) are the poor in spirit (the hu mble, who rate themselves insignificant), for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Of all of the translations of the Bible, the Amplified Bible is my first pick. I have worn out several copies.

As I was reading this afternoon, I came to Matthew Chapter 5 verse 3, and I began to wonder how many people can testify that they identify completely with this verse. I don't yet, but I want to. The world pumps into us that happiness is money, posssessions, prestige, owning the most expensive home, car, clothing, etc. People of the world are focused on one person and it isn't Jesus. Society is being told to have self-confidence, self-esteem. (There is a balance to be reached). Everything is focused on ME, ME, ME.

If we live by the world's standards, we will never have peace, because we will always want more. But if we surrender our hearts and lives to Jesus, the One who loves us so much, He will begin a work in us and we will come to a place where the things of the world won't matter to us anymore, and Jesus will mean everything to us.

Copyright (C)Pam Wilson 2004

At the bottom of the page, please click on "comments". I would love to hear from you. Also the little envelope enables you to email this message to someone, if you would like

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home